Human Resources Manager
|Salary Range:||Competitive (based on experience)|
|Benefits:||Relocation and Comprehensive Benefits Package|
|Client:||Confidential Client of The HR Group|
This position is responsible for contributing to the overall strategic HR leadership of the company. Assist with the development and implementation of human resources policies, programs and services, including recruitment, selection, retention, legal compliance, training and development, employee benefits, employee relations, employment practices and procedures, employee communications and employee events.
Serve as an internal consultant to company management team, supervisors and employees on personnel issues that affect performance and business relationships.
Foster a workplace environment consistent with the values and mission outlined by the leadership of company.
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Participate in developing, recommending and implementing personnel policies and procedures; assist in preparing and maintaining handbook on policies and procedures.
- Assist in developing and administering an effective recruitment and retention strategy to include; conducting recruitment efforts for all exempt and nonexempt employees.
- Participate in developing and maintaining a highly effective orientation program that emphasizes the critical importance and value of welcoming and integrating new employees into the corporate culture (with emphasis on corporate values), by assisting with the conducting of new-employee orientation, employee relations counseling, writing and placing advertisements.
- Facilitate communication among employees and management. May guide managers and employees on problem solving, dispute resolution, regulatory compliance and litigation avoidance.
- Serve as internal consultant to managers and advisor in employee situations in which discipline is joint responsibility of Human Resources and employee supervisor.
- Participate in developing and implementing a comprehensive, positive management system. Advise management regarding all employee terminations; oversee all aspects of performance management and employee terminations.
- Responsible for wage and salary administration with particular emphasis on compliance with annual salary budget.
- Provide expertise in strategy development and execution, planning, and facilitation of employee relations efforts.
- Assist with advising management to ensure company compliance with all federal, state and local laws related to employee benefits, compensation, employment and training. Remain current with changes in human resource and employment law and manage company relationships with state and local regulatory agencies, such as State Department of Employment Security.
Assist in the development and effective delivery of training and development opportunities.
- Bachelor degree required with concentration in Human Resources preferred.
- Eight plus years of experience as human resources generalist with a minimum of 6+ years in Human Resources Management.
- SHRM Certified Senior Professional (SPHR) preferred.
- Sound knowledge of the principles and practices of personnel administration; working knowledge of all aspects of personnel management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills, including ability to negotiate conflict and maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of an organization (both inside and outside the company) and observe confidentiality.
- Ability to use software packages, e.g., spreadsheets (Excel), word processing (MS Word), HRIS/database.
- Ability to meet deadlines; accomplish work in order of priority; professionally maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.